We normally accept donations between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Thank you for your interest in donating items to Friends of The Carpinteria Library! You can do so by dropping off materials at the Friends’ Books Store.
Please be sure to examine the items you are packing up to donate carefully! We prefer you hang on to any stashed cash or family heirlooms!
If you are interested in making a financial donation, click here.
WHAT DO WE ACCEPT?
- Hardback and paperback books
- Audiobooks, CDs, DVDs
- In order to raise money for The Carpinteria Library we try to sell as many of the donated books as we can. To help us do so please donate only new or gently used materials as we may not be able to sell those in poor condition.
- Rare and other books of more than everyday value are gratefully accepted.
- We will provide you with a federal tax deduction form for all your donations.
WHAT ITEMS ARE NOT ACCEPTED?
- Please! No items with mold or excessive wear (torn pages/dirt and/or stains) – we need to be able to resell what you donate
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Business, computer, travel guides and textbooks published more than 5 years ago
- VHS & Cassettes
5103 Carpinteria Avenue, Carpinteria, CA 93013